Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Criterion Collection!


Had a fun project this week - an illustration for a poster to promote a new film festival that Criterion (the best DVD publisher/designer out there) is promoting next month. I had a tough choice - choosing between Repulsion and The Night of the Hunter. I ended up doing the Robert Mitchum movie only because I immediately thought of an image to draw even though I think I like Repulsion as a movie a little more. After I was done I really regretted not coming up with an image where I could have drawn Robert Mitchum's face. Next time.

Also - over the summer I've written more pages of comics in a shorter amount of time then I ever have before. Since the spring I've written and thumbnailed 1200 pages worth of comics and written full-lenth pitches for two on-going series ideas. Waiting to hear on the on-going series stuff but the other 1200 pages will be turned into graphic novels over the course of this fall, winter and spring for 2011. It's nice to be in a place where I know what books I'm doing next but I also have the plots and layouts completely nailed down as well. The hard work is over - time to just plug away on drawing until it's all done. See you in the spring!

5 comments:

jedidiah ayres said...

Awwwwwwesome

Paul M. said...

I really liked this. I ended up doing Repulsion in the end.

Anonymous said...

this is great. -Max

Brian said...

This is amazing! I saw them all on the Criterion page, and yours was my favorite of the lot. Nice work!

Jon Burr said...

"Chiiiiiildren!"

Wonderful! Speaking of little-known classic films - and I may have mentioned this when I met you at Baltimore ComiCon - you absolutely NEED to get a copy of The Kremlin Letter. It's Huston's stab at The Cold War. If that doesn't convince you, howzabout this: Orson Welles, George Saunders, Max Von Sydown, and Richard Boone. If those 4 names don't have you intrigued, well, then, I've misjudged you.

Keep it up, Kindt!

Yours,
Jon Burr
weird musician guy you met at BaltiCon, with the worn out copy of SuperSpy